Saturday, January 10, 2015

"Fantomas III: The Murderous Corpse" (1913)--revisited

Part of the definition of "classic" should be the ability to enjoy it just as much--if not more--on subsequent viewings.  I enjoyed this more the 2nd time now that I'm more familiar with the characters--having now watched Fantomas I & II.  And I still like the use of bassoons and feel that they have been underused in cinema soundtracks.  The first time I was greatly confused on who was who, especially since Juve and Fantomas used different disguises, but having gotten used to who was who and this concept from the first time I watched III, then I, & II, I could make a lot more sense of it now.  And even with know what was going to happen this time, I still enjoyed the movie.  Or concert with pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment