Thursday, February 26, 2015

"Fireproof" (2008)

While there are traces of decision theology within--mainly hinted at in one scene--this movie is really nice.  There's not many romances that I warm up to--and even fewer that I'll watch more than once, but maybe they're like my books.  For sheer numbers, the romance books that I enjoy are ones that God is in, too.  And this movie does that.  In fact, if I twist the words some, it says how can you truly love another human without having received God's love.  Maybe that's how I look at it--how can you have a romance story without having the ultimate romance of God for mankind included?  And even if such a story exists without God in it, only God's love and truly change someone, from the inside.

Movie has a couple of fire rescue scenes and lines from the firehouse that work to parallel the marriage journey.

Good to see Ken Bevel again.  I've enjoyed both roles that he's played.

As for sound--must have done an awesome job underscoring and being invisible because I only remember it during the montages and the end credits, and it was great both places.

And fun moments?  Taking the baseball bat to the computer, and reactions from the neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment