Sunday, September 20, 2015

"The Prince & Me" (2004)

I'm not sure I know what expectations I have for romantic movies, but I did enjoy this one.  My enjoyment was colored a bit in realizing I'd previously read an analytical film article over this movie (sigh), so there was a slight bit of "knowing what's going to happen."  Nevertheless, I settled back and quite enjoyed this movie.

The leading lady was the same actress as played "Nikki" in the Bourne movies.  So, it was good to see her in a different role.  I was also delighted that the college setting didn't include any crass scenes.  I was also glad that the movie didn't end at the first "then the boy got the girl" moment and lead through at least one "and then what?"

The forefronted music and end credits music was what I call "Back porch" music--which fit the Wisconsin girl roots very well, but didn't seem particularly memorable.

Overall, this movie did a decent job at telling the romance story.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment