Wednesday, October 12, 2016

"A Cinderella Story" (2004)--revisited

It's not the first time I've watched this movie, but it has been awhile.  In fact, I was only going to re-watch the first 20 minutes and ended up re-watching the whole thing.  This is what a good movie is to me.  Lots of happy endings and "sweet justice" but appreciated only after seeing the rocky times and heartbreaking moments.  And I'm a sucker for a well-done Cinderella story.

It had been long enough since I'd seen this movie that I didn't recall most of what was going to happen (setting aside the Cinderella story points, of course).  I did remember there would be a "light bulb" moment involving a wall, and scrubbing floors, and that had liked the movie the first time.  I liked the movie the second time, too.  I also realized that the actress playing the stepmother plays the manicurist in Legally Blonde--kind of fun to notice.

It was a good re-watch, and I'd do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment