Wednesday, December 11, 2019

"Ocean's Eight" (2018)

Having seen the other three Ocean's movies (still haven't seen the original, though), this one had me intrigued and it did not disappoint. 

I came across it on a Mother's Day display, and it caught my attention.  It amuses me that the girls could do their heist in less numbers than the guys and do it with their own flair.

It's a light movie, but that's what it was meant to be.  Would love to have seen a few more personality moments, though, from each of the eight.  I mean, we have come a ways from the original TV show Charlie's Angels where the girls are just active figures with no distinguishing personality traits, right?  Right?

I did enjoy the runway exit for ladies displaying the re-cut jewelry and their fancy garb, but I'm afraid my "I want to re-watch that moment" might be limited to Awkwafina's stall sprawl and a few other of her smooth moves such as her pocketing this and depositing that.  Maybe Rose Weil's Met Gala outfit.

That said, I do recommend this movie as a good watch, worth the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment