Tuesday, August 3, 2021

"Jungle Cruise" (2021)

I didn't know I was going to be going to the movies and didn't know a thing about this movie beforehand, but I don't mind going into a movie blind.  

For the most part, the movie did a good job.  Decent plot (8 out 10), although the plot-twist was fun because I didn't see it coming.  Acceptable characters (7.5 out 10, [although I'd add more to that rating for Frankie's looks]).  Gorgeous music--especially during the end credits (10 out of 10).  Action sequences (9.5 out 10).  Humor (8 out of 10).  All of the elements combined together created an enjoyable diversion that afternoon.  The scenery and set were wonderful (10 out of 10).  

But, aside from the music and the set, I don't know that there was much to make the movie standout (e.g memorable lines, captivating moments/scene).  That said, I'm definitely looking up that end music again.

No comments:

Post a Comment