Friday, November 29, 2013

"The Finder" (2012)--Season 1

I don't do many TV shows on here for one blurry reason.  How do I stay consistent?  Movies last anywhere from an hour to three hours.  You watch it and it's done.  One impression, in tact.  But when do you do TV shows?  After the first episode to capture the first true impression?  After the first 3 episodes to give a more rounded first impression (set-up to show episode, finish set-up episode, 1st real typical episode)?  Or do watch the whole 1st season?  Or all the seasons until it is done airing?  But a show can change over a season--or especially after several seasons.  So, when do you sit back and speculate about a TV show.

I am writing this particular post after 6 episodes and a snitch of the 7th episode of season 1.  The reason I'm writing now is that the words want to spout out.  So, I am writing.

The opening music reminds me of The Dukes of Hazzard, and I think there could be some arguments toward this show be a descendent of it--but not a direct descendant--less graphic (at least compared to others), episodes aren't about save-the-world or save-the-nation kinds of save the day things (which is refreshing).  The lead character "Walter Sherman" reminds me of the fun I had of watching "H. M. Murdock" of the A-Team TV series, only slightly less crazy.  And the show manages to keep the tension and stress moments down to a low level (a bonus to me) while still included (necessary to good plot).  It also includes those random funny lines/funny moments that make you laugh, while including those serious moments and touching moments that keep it real.

A nice find--enjoyable enough to watch multiple episodes of.  Unique enough to potential watch episodes a 2nd time.  But not so addictive that I "have" to put my life on hold to see what the next episode holds.  (Having a very, very limited amount of show cliff hangers, helps too.  That doesn't mean there aren't also minute episode to episode connections/continuity.)

No comments:

Post a Comment