Saturday, May 17, 2014

"Night at the Museum" (2006)

I think this is probably a great movie for certain audiences--young audiences, families, and those who enjoy this style of humor.  I watched the start of this one and can see that it was done well, and I probably would enjoy the heart-warming parts of this movie.  However, my sense of humor is on the dry side, and the movie seems to cornerstone on slapstick.  So, for those audiences that this is geared for, those scenes probably are great, but for me, just seem slow.  And if I was handed an instruction manual for a job, I'd be reading it.  I realize then that would cut off part of the humor and sense of discovery.  Also, movie included (and butchered) a quote from Twelfth Night.  It just doesn't sell me watching it to the end.

I believe this to be a very good movie.  I just didn't watch it all myself.

Later:
I found that there was a enough charm to this movie that I pulled it back out and watched the rest of it.  The humor was still "stupid" humor, but the charm of the movie was enough to make up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment