Thursday, December 18, 2014

"Journey to the Christmas Star" (2012)

At first, I thought the dubbing was a little out of sync.  (That happens on rare occasions for streaming at my house.)  It wasn't until the credits rolled that I realized it wasn't out of sync or bad dubbing.  It was dubbing English over onto a movie initially made in another language.  Since the credits read "Disney Studios Norway", I'm assuming that's Norwegian.

There's just enough fancy to keep this fun--"just give blueberries to the bear and say hi"--and who wouldn't find it fun to hop onto the North wind for a ride--and yeah "jump onto what?" kind of adventurous-scary, too.  The "bad guys" are bad but the one bumbles just enough that it's a "safe" bad.  And as I said, there's enough magic and whimsy to keep it a lighter movie.  The lead is a girl.  That's nice.  I'm taking the character "Mose" (sounded like "Moss") as one, too, but I'm not entirely sure there.  (My apologies if I'm wrong there.)

So, this story could be subtitled a Christmas Cinderella Adventure.

And if you do decide to watch this movie, hang in there through all the credits.  :)

Also known as Reisen til julestjernen.



No comments:

Post a Comment