Monday, December 15, 2014

"The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" (2013) [extended version]

I liked it.

I usually try to watch the theater version first before the extended, but that didn't work out that way this time.  With the Lord of the Rings trilogy, I have found that my personal preference was for the director's cut.  I like pacing of the story much better in the director's cut versions.

I read somewhere to the effect that Peter Jackson felt he let Tolkien fans down because there wasn't a fresh take on the films, that new ideas were brought, by having a new director.  Personally, I am glad for the continuity.

I don't have any criticisms or accolades to express with this first viewing.  I just thoroughly enjoyed myself by allowing myself to be immersed into the world of "The Hobbit 2".

No comments:

Post a Comment