Friday, August 30, 2013

"Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" (2006)

Story wise--eh.  Parts of it seemed slow to me, even during some of the action scenes.  Some of the crucial pieces of dialog were impossible for me to make it no matter how many times I rewound it.  It may have been authentic dialect, but if the audience misses it or has trouble understanding it, it does you no good in your story telling.  And if the audience has to go "What did he say?", then they've been pulled out of the story world.  Not effective.  Does that mean I regret watching this movie?  Not in the least.  It's pirates after all.  That's just fun--or that's the character of these pirate movies.  But this one's not a re-watcher movie.

SPOILER ALERT:  The 3-way sword fight and the sword fight on the run-away water wheel was kind of fun.

Have I mentioned I'm not keen on cliff hanger stories?  I suppose this one gets away with it.  I'm still not keen on them.  This one gets away with it partly because, well, who wants a 4 - 5 hour movie without knowing what they're getting.

No comments:

Post a Comment