Friday, September 6, 2013

"The Phantom" (2009)

Watched most of this movie, or at least the better part of it.  I watched the beginning--slow beginning, but thorough.  Then I watched the ending.  Then I backed up and watched part of the movie that led to the climax.  Parts of it pretty gruesome.  Yeah, no thanks.  The integration of parkour into the action moves was nice.  I enjoyed that.  Still a bit gruesome for my taste.  Not that there's a lot of it, but what was done I really could've done without.  REALLY.  Sooo, overall?  eh.  And, yeah, (SPOILER ALERT) this one keeps up the pattern that superheroes aren't allowed to keep their biological parents.  And, in this one, they're not allowed to keep their foster parents either.  Hm, yeah.  And the bad guys' weapon?  TV.  okay.  Go have fun adding this to your "TV is bad" analysisalogical mix.  (Yes, I just put together that word.  I'm mostly German.)

I am now ready to watch something light and fluffy, with bright cheerful colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment