Friday, September 27, 2013

"The Hollow Crown: Henry IV Part I" (2012)

I like this movie.  And I like how they did this version of this play.  It sets up the contrast well for rabble-rousing Prince Hal to I-can-do-this-Dad Prince Hal, as well as the friendship he has with Falstaff.  The confrontation between King Henry and Prince Hal at court is strong.

I'm sold.

I'm afraid the only thing that bugged me was Hotspur's nose.  That's not anybody's fault.  I just had a hard time not being distracted by it.  Bad me.  To the actor's credit (Joe Armstrong), the fiery temper/hot-blood of Hotspur was done well.  The Welsh singer was pretty, but not too long of a song.  And I think Prince Hal (Tom Hiddleston) did a great job with Prince Hal.  Wonderful job.

It's a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment