Thursday, September 26, 2013

"The Book of Esther" (2013)

This movie was edited to a G-rating style story.  So, you don't have to worry about any violent or risque' bedroom scenes if you're looking for something kid-safe.  And pretty much all the parts are there, but some of them are described instead of shown.  I'm attributing this to wishing to keep sets simple so that they could stay under budget.  The number of locations shot at is small, but I think the acting was just fine.  This story has plenty going on in it that it would be nice to see a new current one that included some of the adult parts of the story in it.  The follow your heart, follow your conscience lines seemed out of sync to me.  There was a little music included, but off hand, I don't remember much distinctive about the sound.  Overall, I'd watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment