Tuesday, October 22, 2013

"Green Lantern" (2011)

A bit slow in places, but good enough to keep watching.  The early story elements that I thought would foreshadow later obstacles to the story line turned out to not be the case.  Instead of it being the obstacle, it turned out to be the key to saving things.  That was a nice twist.  The rest of it seemed basic.

I fast forwarded through some parts, but not very much of it.  Mostly for clock reasons.

Half expected to see "Filmed on location on planet Oa" in the film credits.

End credit music is kind of nice.  I liked it.  I could listen to it again.

Green is a soothing color to the eye.  And the coming and going of the face mask was cool.

There's a few nice quotes out of this movie, nothing outstanding or humorous, but milestone quotes to bring up when thinking back over the movie.

(SPOILER):  The quote I like:  "You don't think I would recognize you because I can't see your cheekbones?" (IMDB.com)  Ah, the pokes at so many superhero costumes!



No comments:

Post a Comment