Thursday, April 17, 2014

"Bermuda Triangle Exposed" (2010)

There's a certain amount of repetition--as in right before a commercial break and right after a commercial break--in this apparently made for television documentary.  The voiceover narrator seems to be trying to find a balance between stating the facts and making it sound dramatic, without going overboard.  It's a "nearly there" effort, but not quite there.

Think maybe I miss Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.

I've heard worse (overly dramatic), and I've heard better.  This one isn't bad.  As for the information, it's interesting enough.  I just don't see what the dramatic tone and script writing adds to the show.  To me, it doesn't.  But the information was interesting enough to keep listening to and I don't think I'd ever heard any of it before.  If an investigation of the Bermuda Triangle sounds interesting to you, this would be a decent enough update on it for you.  It focuses mostly on the science--fact through most of the show with theory near the end--more than any catalog of lost vessel particulars.  They include only 3 or 4 vessel particulars--just enough to serve as examples for the science.  The rest focuses on the science--and attempts to dazzle you with computer graphic displays.  And I suppose you have to show the viewer something while you talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment