Sunday, April 28, 2013

"Leave Her to Heaven" (1945)


I had my 1st break-down refusal to watch. I've groused about movies before. I groused through the first hour of this one. I made it that far by telling me view the first leading lady as a fangless vampire. That helped some. Then I reached the point where I just flat refused to watch any more. Unless you're viewing the story as wonderful because it's "original" (if there is such a thing) or not used much, I see this as a lousy, horrible story that I suppose was to made acceptably enjoyable because it was set in beautiful scenery. Or maybe they were trying to do a modern day reverse Oedipus--female version (she marries her father and "kills" her mother). Whatever the view, I fast forwarded through 30-some minutes of the last parts of the movie. Likely food for an analysis feast, I suppose. I didn't like and I couldn't stand it.

May have to go on a walk on this lovely day before I grade papers to dispel the movie's awful effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment