Sunday, April 28, 2013

"The Nazis Strike" (1943)

"Prelude to War" and "The Nazis Strike" are the first two films of a series by Frank Capra called "Why We Fight". "Prelude to War" was on my list. The second film was watched because it was on the same DVD. I think I've learned more about WWII from these two films than I did my previous history studies. I don't know that I'd completely fault my education as much this is a slowed down look at events. One school's curriculum took one event (they happened to pick the American Civil War) to show how any history event can be gone into so much more depth than what a survey course can do. The idea is that you survey everything, but show one event in-depth to show the immense possibilities. So, these films are a sneek peek at the in-depth possibilities of this part of history.

No comments:

Post a Comment