Sunday, April 28, 2013

"The Yearling" (1946)

Well, letting me off the hook last Thursday and not watching the whole movie has broken the chain of "stick it out." I think this movie probably is a fine movie. I was too tired to watch it last night and have too much on my mind today to settle in and watch it. So, I didn't watch the whole thing. I sat through the first half hour, and a couple of the later scenes that looked interesting. I can see why its color scenery and film shots won stuff--its nice movie to look at. Looks like maybe a decent family film. Not entirely sure of the definition, but might be considered a coming of age story/movie. Set in Florida aka deep in the wilderness. Gregory Peck. The dad is the likeable character. The mother is the one with the inside hurtin'. Ah, life is rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment