Sunday, April 28, 2013

"The Heiress" (1949)


1st Half--Night 1:  Interesting in a puzzling way characters--but seeing as the movie is based on a Henry James novel, I probably shouldn't be surprised at all.  And likely if it is true to Henry James, I won't like the ending.  The music is very very good.  Reminiscent of Aaron Copland--some parts more than others--yet his sound keeps ringing within the movie scoring.  Considering I didn't like the one Henry James novel that I've read, I'm not real optimistic that I'm going to like the ending of a movie that is Henry James-esque.

2nd Half--Night 2:  I was right.  I didn't care for the ending.  Though I suppose if you were a misandrynist--or a Henry James fan, you might love the movie.  So, the movie music score was really good--and a study of the characters would give somebody a hey day.  I'm still not a Henry James fan.  I will admit this was a smidge better than "Portrait of a Lady", but not by much.  Based on his "Washington Square".  Rain to wash away the delusions was true to form.

No comments:

Post a Comment