Sunday, April 28, 2013

"Yankee Doodle Dandy" (1942)


Well, this review is for everything but the last 5 minutes of the movie. Will have to TRY AGAIN to watch this. :/ Will adapt the review if needed when I finally get to finish it. I was ready to see it last Thursday and didn't get to see but the first 5 minutes. I was determined to see it today, but suspect my mind may be more tired than it could appreciate the movie? Not thrilled to have a 2nd version of this not work. The only thing I can figure is it is so popular that our musical (?), democratic nation has worn out two copies.

Movie: "Yankee Doodle Dandy" (1942). Musical Biography of George M. Cohan. Dramatized concert of his music, mostly. Unless the ending changed that, which is possible.

Well, I finally got to see the ending of "Yankee Doodle Dandy". I know attitude can make a difference when watching the arts (not that that's a new idea to me). I liked the ending. In fact, it makes me want to watch the whole thing again. I don't have time to do that (especially with having to ask for the movie 3 times), but perhaps I'll remember it the next time I wonder what a good 4th of July movie would be good to watch. The movie also makes me want to read a biography or autobiography of George M. Cohan to see how much of it is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment