Sunday, April 28, 2013

"Convoy" (1978)


A trucker movie.  So, I should've known I was in for a puzzle when in the OPENING CREDITS it advertises the music as by Chip Davis.  Not in the end credits.  The opening credits.

and Chip Davis.

As in Mannheim Steamroller composer, Chip Davis.

I'd read some film theory book summaries talking about music as a key component/integral part of movies.  I believe it.  But I couldn't imagine a more mismatched pairing than a smash 'em up trucker-talking action flick visual and Mannheim Steamroller style are-you-sure-there-isn't-a-Christmas-tree-in-there music.  And the pairing worked.  Kinda.  I think.

And then there's the fact the there was an original song to begin with.  The movie was based on the song.

Not sure I've conveyed exactly how strange the music was at times.  And how it kinda fit at others.

I'm going to like this field.

Sure makes an interesting puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment