Sunday, April 28, 2013

"Apocalypse Now" (1979)


I normally don't care for war movies (understatement)--especially modern-day anything-after-color ones. Knowing this was an adaption of the novel "Heart of Darkness" set me up better, I guess, because I liked this movie--or at least as much as one can "like" war. In theater, plays are adapted to different times and places all the time, so the shift with this story didn't bother me. An adaptation of "Heart of Darkness" set during the Vietnam War. It fit and it was Done very well.

Guess I have one musical comment. You want to put a loaded piece of music into a film, than they certainly did it with this one. "Ride of the Valkyries"--and not as background music. One of the commanders deliberately plays this music out of a helicopter as they attack. Yeah. That choice has some loaded connotations with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment